History

History of The Mining Museum of Akita University

1910 Akita Mining Professional School was established.
Specimens of rocks, ores and fossils had been exhibited to the public in an exhibition room "Reppin-shitu".
1941 Most of the specimens in the exhibition room "Reppin-shitsu" were burned in a fire.
1949 Mining Museum was founded by The Department of Mining Science of Akita University.
1961 New buildings were built on the Tegata-yama Hillside as one of the projects of the 50th Anniversary of the Mining School. Also The Mineral Industry Museum was established.
1994 Museum exhibitions were renewed as commemorating the 30th Anniversary of the Museum.
1996 The Museum websites and The Museum Database were opened to the public.

Back to Top